Do you have a heart for Ministry with young people and families?
Are you, or someone you know, aged between 18-24? We want to invest in you!
We’re looking for someone to join our team part-time, as well as taking part in our local New Wine Discipleship Year Hub in London.
If you’re interested, or would like to find out more about the internship, you can email Fiona, our Anglican Minister.
Take a peek at the role description here
Download the application form
Closing date for Applications: Midday Thursday 19th August 2021
Interview Date: 26th August 2021
Find out more about the role by looking at the following information below:
- About the role
- What we can offer you
- How to apply for the role
About the Role
Ruxley Church is looking for a new Intern to be a part of our fun, passionate and committed work with young people. We’re looking for someone who is creative, up for anything and loves young people. Why not take a year to explore your calling and learn more about who God has made you to be?
As well as the opportunity to be involved in life here at Ruxley Church, you will also get to experience being part of the New Wine Discipleship Year and we will provide you accommodation if you need it.
The New Wine Discipleship Year is for 18-24 year olds who want to grow as disciples of Jesus, learning how to serve him and his Kingdom with the whole of their life, for the whole of your life. It will take you on a life-changing journey of discovery and adventure, where you’ll be inspired, get practical Kingdom experience, make life-long friendships, and have a lot of fun in the process!
What we can offer you:
- Ruxley Church is an Anglican-Methodist Ecumenical partnership made up of a community of almost 100 people. We come from a variety of backgrounds and age groups
- We enjoy being together on more than just Sunday by enjoying a wide range of activities
- We are really excited about working with someone aged 18-24 who is passionate about sharing their faith adventure with us and the wider community.
- We are blessed to have a modern, versatile building offering scope for very many different activities.
- You will benefit from the two experienced clergy and access to local support networks.
- We are providing board and lodging with walking distance to the church
- Good transport links to towns (Epsom, Kingston)
How to apply for the role
Download and complete an application form.
Your application needs to include a personal statement of not more than 1 side of A4 (11pt), addressing the criteria in the personal specification for this post and your motivation for applying for this particular role. In this supporting statement you may wish to address the following, which will be explored at interview:
- Briefly explain how you became a Christian.
- Explain why you are applying for this post and what you want to get out of the year of interning with Ruxley Church
- Which areas of Young people and Families ministry and your personal faith you hope to grow in the most?
- Please provide examples demonstrating something creative that brings you to life. This could be ministry related, such as worship leading or preaching, or not directly related to ministry such as making hip hop beats, event planning, painting, or wood carving.